If you have any questions or concerns about your eligibility to graduate, please contact:
Barb Bolton, Academic Advisor
613.533.6000 ext. 74751
1. Apply to Graduate
Students are required to apply to graduate through the SOLUS Student Centre. Detailed instructions can be found here
2. Plan for Your Convocation Ceremony
Information on ceremonies, hood and gown rentals, guest tickets, etc. can be found here.
3. Preparing for Your Licensure
Visit the College of Nurses of Ontario website for information on preparing to practice as an RN in Ontario.
The School of Nursing will notify the CNO of completion of degree requirements. You will be notified by the CNO how to register for the NCLEX.
If you have met all registration requirements for the General Class except the successful completion of a registration examination, and have an offer of employment, you can apply for temporary licensure here.
If you have questions about this process, please contact:
Allison Mackey, Administration Manager
4. If you Plan to Work in Another Country (Visa Screens)
If you require an assessment of your clinical hours in order to apply for licensure in another country, please provide the following. * $100 administration fee, payable here. This fee includes courier costs, but does not include transcript fees. Transcripts must be ordered separately from the Registrar’s Office.
* A list of all clinical placements while in the program, including: remedial hours and/or any extra shifts (such as NURS 000), hospital floor and number of shifts, location of NURS 405 Community placement.
* Documents from the licensing agency that require completion and/or signature by the School of Nursing.
If you have questions about the Visa Screen process, please contact:
Laura Walker, Undergraduate Program Assistant
613.533.6000 ext. 74761
5. Stay in Touch with Queen’s Nursing
We will contact you 6 months after graduation with a short survey regarding employment and your experience in the program. This information is important to us for accreditation and Queen’s University Quality Assurance Program (QUQAP) purposes.
We look forward to seeing you there!