I am currently in my second year of an International Joint PhD program between Queen’s University School of Nursing and the Federal University of Sao Paulo (Brazil). My supervisors are Joan Tranmer (Queen’s University) and Janine Schirmer (Federal University of Sao Paulo). My research is focused on the improvement of organ donation and transplantation through studying program evaluation in organ donation, organ donation processes, role of nursing in organ donation, and organ donation project management. I have completed my comprehensive examinations and am now developing my research proposal.
- 2016 Dr. Robert John Wilson Fellowship
- Dean’s Award
- International Tuition Award
- Queen's Graduate Award
- Silva, V. S., et al. (2016). In-house coordination project for organ and tissue procurement: social responsibility and promising results. Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem, 24, e2773 http://www.scielo.br/pdf/rlae/v24/0104-1169-rlae-24-02773.pdf
- Oliveira, P.C, Paglione, H. B., Mucci, S., Santiago, A. D., Leite, R.F., Silva, V. S. et al. (In Press). Knowledge evaluation of the patients in the waiting list for liver transplantation (online).
- Silva e Silva V., et al. (2015). Intra-hospital organ and tissue donation coordination project: cost-effectiveness and social benefits. Revista de Saúde Pública (Online), 49, 1-7. http://www.scielo.br/pdf/rsp/v49/0034-8910-rsp-S0034-89102015049005770.pdf
- Moura, L. C., & Silva, V. S. (2014). Manual do Núcleo de Captação de Órgãos: Iniciando uma Comissão Intra-hospitalar de Doação de Órgãos e Tecidos para Transplantes – CIHDOTT (“Organ Recovery Core: Starting an In-house Committee for Organ and Tissue Donation for Transplants”). São Paulo: Manole. http://www.einstein.br/Documentos%20Compartilhados/manual-ncap.pdf
- Silva, V. S., et al. (September, 2015). In-hospital donation project: cost-effectiveness and social benefits. Poster presentation at 17th Congress of the European Society for Organ Transplantation, Brussels, Belgium.
- Silva, V. S., et al. (September, 2015). In-house coordination project for organ and tissue procurement: Social responsibility and promising results. Poster Presentation at 17th Congress of the European Society for Organ Transplantation, Brussels, Belgium.
- Oliveira, P. C., Roza, B. A., Silva, V.S., et al. (2015). Evaluation of Factors Related to Adherence to Treatment of Candidates for Liver Transplantation. Oral Presentation at XIV Brazilian Transplant Congress, Gramado, Brazil.