When: June 6-8, 2018
Where: Queen's University, Kingston, ON
- June 6-7 at Donald Gordon Centre, 421 Union St.
- Free parking available on-site
- Overnight accommodations available (www.donaldgordoncentre.com)
- June 8 at Clinical Education Centre, 31 George St.
Fee: $650 (13% HST included)
This three-day workshop dedicated to ACUTE PAIN is open to practicing health care professionals in nursing, medicine, occupational therapy, psychology, social work, physical therapy, and more. The course will consist of two days of in-class instruction and discussion, and one day of hands-on practice in a clinical simulation lab.
Lunch and light refreshments will be provided.
- Review the underlying anatomy and physiology of acute pain
- Discuss the biological and psychological factors that impact acute pain
- Describe the components of a comprehensive assessment and possible treatment options for people experiencing acute pain
- Demonstrate a comprehensive assessment and management plan using clinical case studies
- Registration is now closed.